Monday 18 October 2010

Welcome to the crafting barn

Welcome to the Crafting Barn. Here in the barn we're passionate about great handmade products, making things, crafting beautiful, eye catching, fun things. There's two of us here in the crafting barn. I'm Steve, and I'm sure Kate will introduce herself soon.

I like doing loads of different things, but at the moment I am mostly making notebooks out of old materials - board games, maps, books, old boxes of tea bags and anything else that I can find. This is 'upcycling', reusing old things for a different purpose after their previous life was coming to an end. At the weekend I trawl round charity shops and car boot sales looking for materials to use. I am selling my notebooks on Folksy and Etsy, both online marketplaces for selling hand crafted goods, and am working on my own website.

For those of you who don't know what folksy and etsy are, they are online marketplaces where many people from different places and backgrounds sell their handmade items to the public. If you've never been for a look, I recommend them to anyone. I've bought several presents from both folksy and etsy, and the occasional treat for myself too.

As well as talking about my own products, I hope to post about useful sites on the internet, interesting crafts, other people's handmade items, and anything else that comes to mind. More later.

No comments:

Post a Comment